It is usually only through planning and practice that a person becomes an insomniac. With the use of the progressive suggestions that you will feed yourself during the day and before you go to sleep at night, you can change your habit in approximately six weeks.
Hypnosis is a natural method of relaxing; and if the insomniac is occupied with utilizing hypnosis techniques, he will most likely drift into a sound and natural sleep.
Write a goal contract that states the length of time you will allow yourself to be rid of the label “insomniac”. Often visualize yourself in bed falling asleep and awakening in the morning, feeling relaxed, refreshed and revitalized.
One method that should help you fall asleep at night is to visualize the word “relax” as if it were written on a slate in your mind’s eye. After a few moments, erase the word “relax” and write the word “sleep”.
Repeat this process as many times as it is necessary for you to enter a sleep state. Feel yourself growing more and more relaxed each time you repeat the process.
Use the following direct suggestions to help you fall into a relaxing sleep or to re-educate your sleeping habits if you are using these suggestions during your daytime sessions.
1. When I go to sleep, I fall into a deep pleasant sleep and have pleasant dreams. I sleep the night through and wake up feeling refreshed.
2. Each and every night my sleeping patterns and behavior are better. I am sleeping better and better and feel more confident about myself. I am calm, tranquil and relaxed.
3. Shortly after I go to bed with the intention of sleep, I fall asleep quickly. I have faith in my ability to relax and sleep, and I let it happen.
4. I am letting go more and more, deeper and deeper, so relaxed, so comfortable.
5. Each night I am sleeping deeper. I am formulating the behavior of deep, sound sleep. It is a natural behavior of deep, tranquil, revitalizing, comfortable sleep.